In The News...
I am often contacted about my research or as an expert opinion on various topics. Here are a few of these topics and a few selected articles or interviews related to each.
Technoference / Problematic Phone Use in Relationships
- Interview with BYU Radio (Mar. 2017): "How technology can ruin your love life." Listen to the 12-minute segment HERE.
- Chicago Tribune (Mar. 2017): "Your smartphone may be ruining your relationships, studies find."
- Psychology Today (July 2016): "The New Menage a Trois (Smartphones as the stealth saboteurs of our most intimate relationships)."
- Chicago Tribune (July 2016): "Do couples who chase Pokemon together stay together?"
- Men's Health (Feb. 2015): "5 ways your phone will get you dumped."
- Institute for Family Studies (Jan. 2015): "Technoference: How technology can hurt relationships."
- NPR (Dec. 2014): "Want to perk up your love life? Put away that smartphone."
What is Technology Doing to our Kids?
- Interview with Child Trends (Jan. 2018): What is technoference? Q&A with Brandon McDaniel
Mothers' / Parents' Internet Use
- Parent.co (Mar. 2017): "Why your Facebook feed might be making you feel like a bad parent."
- New York Times: Motherlode (Jan. 2012): "Blogging makes new moms happier."
- Futurity.org (June 2012): "New moms who blog may feel less alone."